Last updated August 2015
This policy describes:
• The information we collect and how we collect it
• What we do with the information we collect
• How we share and disclose user information with third parties
• How we protect information
• How you can access and update your information
• Use of Services by children
• How to contact us
Information We Collect
The information we gather through our Services may fall into two categories: 1) Information you voluntarily supply to us when you register for promotions, email newsletters, etc., and 2) Information collected automatically as you use our Services. Third-party providers connected with our Services may also gather information through processes that we don’t control, and subject to their own separate privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Registration and Personally Identifying Information
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, phone number, email address, username/password, and personal preferences, such as which newsletters you wish to receive. We may also ask for information about your age, gender, and consumer preferences, but you’re free to register without providing this information.
Contests and Promotions
Your participation in any contest or promotion is also subject to the contest rules, which you can find here. If you choose to participate in a contest, we will collect contact information and may share personally identifying information, including your name and hometown, with co-sponsors or additional third parties involved in promotion of the contest. We don’t control these third parties’ privacy practices.
Information Collected Automatically
Hughes Media and the third-party contractors it may engage with may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
• Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services
• Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails
• The site you visited before visiting a Hughes Media website
• Your general geographic area
• Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site
• Your device type, screen size, browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system and versions of installed software
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Social Network Posting Tools
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
• For the purposes for which you provided it
• To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us
• To send you alerts or other communications about our Services
• To administer sweepstakes and contests
• To process and respond to your inquiries
• To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you
• To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns
• To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Services
• To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services
• To understand how users interact with and use our advertisements and Services.
• To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services
• To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
We may share your information with any agent or property owned by Hughes Media.
When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may be provided to our sweepstakes or contest operators or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those operators’ or sponsors’ privacy policies.
We may disclose your information in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may share your information in connection with any merger, reorganization, a sale of some or all Hughes Media assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify your information so that the information no longer relates to you individually. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
We will not sell or otherwise share your information with any other third party, except as applied above.
How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personally identifying information that we collect, but no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. For the purposes established above, personally identifying information may be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us, our affiliates and our unaffiliated service providers in the United States and other jurisdictions where we or they operate. By using the Services, you consent to this transfer, processing storage, and access of your personally identifying information in and/or outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You can opt-out from any email newsletter by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message, and by visiting the Email Preferences page connected to each message. If you cannot locate such a link, send us an email at email@example.com.
Children Under 13
These Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on these Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on these Services, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or screen names/usernames. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information to the extent that we can control the data.